Friday, November 19, 2010

UNR Alumni Diving Reunion!!

September 16 was the big meet where the Old went up against the New!!! Sami Rose put together an alumni diving meet/ reunion. It was so fun. Girls came from Colorado, Oregon and California to compete. We competed the 3 m and the 1 m. I was very nervous at first being up on the 3 m for the first time in 6 years. It was scary. During warm-ups I decided I didn't want to compete the 3 m and just stick with the 1 m. I told Cody, who was one of the judges, that I wasn't going to do it and he said i would regret it. So, of course I had to toughen up and pull out what I use to do. I am so glad that I was able to get up there and do what I use to do. It was such a great feeling to get back on that board, have the roughness of the board tear up the bottoms of my feet and fly through the air to end up ripping into the cool refreshing water! Loved every minute of it.
Candic, Me, Jessica, Trisha and Sami after the meet celebrating our victory against the current UNR diving team.

Sami, Jess and Me on the 3 m





Sami, Jian Li (best diving Coach in the world, Me, Jessica, Chris, Candice and Trisha. We all met up and ate some amazing Chinese food and played games. It was so fun to get together with some of my best friends. We spent so much time together, encouraged eachother, and supported eachother through thick and thin. I will always have a special place in my heart for these girls.

Me, Jian Li, Trisha, Candice, Jess, Sami, and one of the swimmers. Jian Li was one of the best coaches I have had. She taught me so much about life, following your dreams and heart, pushing yourself beyond your limits, and learning who you are. I may not have won any championships in diving but I put my whole heart and soul into it. Jian Li still talks to her girls today about the importance of having heart just like I had heart and a good attitude.

Of course Cody came and supported me through the whole thing. He was one of the judges and may have been a little bias toward the Old compared to the New. Diving will forever be a part of my life. :)

No comments: