Saturday, March 1, 2008
A New Chapter
As many of you know I have had a dream to be a Dental Hygienist!! I have been going through the tedious process of applying to different schools and today I am able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Yes you guessed it, I got accepted to the Utah College of Dental Hygiene school in Orem, Utah!!! When I opened that letter I had so many different emotions run through me. I was so excited but at the same time I was nervous, scared out of my mind, and a little sad to leave my comfortable happy life in Reno. Wow this is a huge change and I am so excited to see what is going to happen. We will be moving to Orem this August!!! Crazy!! I never thought that I would get in because it is such a competitive program to get into, but I decided to try and see. I figured if I got in, great, if not then that's not where we are suppose to direct our lives. I would have been happy either way. I knew that if i did all that I could then the Lord would do the rest. I am glad that I never gave up and kept pushing forward to see what I could do. I am so scared because Dental Hygiene is a very demanding program. When I went to my interview they told me that this was as serious and as difficult as medical school. They then asked me if I was willing to give up my social life for two years. Wow!!! That is serious. I am excited though and two years will fly by. A new chapter in our life has just opened!!! Yea!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
CONGRATS JEN! I only wish we could see each other more often now that you will be living so close but who am I kidding! I am really happy for you!
Jen, I haven't made a comment on your blog yet. Just wanted to say that I am excited for you!
Jen,
I must say that I am so happy for you, maybe not excited, but definately very happy for you! You have worked so hard for this and it will be your time to shine and be proud of your accomplishments! This is a huge thing and I am very proud of you! I will miss you tons but I'm sure it will only strengthen our sistership! I love you so much!
Love, Amber
Way to go, Jen! I am really happy and excited for you! You guys will like it there and surprisingly they have some bomb restaurants in Provo. We are proud of you for this amazing accomplishment! You are the woman!
Jen and Cody We are so proud of you and excited about your new challenge and adventure before you. We are so excited to spend the summer as roomies and are looking foreward to some goooood cooking.
Love Mom!!
Congratulations Jen! I am so happy for you as well--you deserve the best! You will be a great dental hygienist. What will Dr. Childs do without you? (For a little while, anyway).
Wow! Have you moved yet? This sounds like it will be good for you.
Post a Comment