Sunday, July 27, 2008

Down with UPS!!!

Many of you might know that Cody is a HUGE golf fanatic. I seriously think that he thinks about golf at least 20 times a day. He loves the sport and I do have to say he is really good at it. (He would be even better if it wasn't so expensive to play) He did play at D'Andrea Golf course yesterday and he shot a 74 when par was 72. The guys that he was paired up with was so impressed that they asked him to play in a tournament next weekend. I think that is pretty cool.
He loves to sell and buy golf clubs, look at golf clubs on the internet constantly, and we have golf on in the background every sunday. I do like to have it on because it is relaxing background noise to fall asleep to. I do love that he has a passion for this sport and it really makes him happy. Sometimes he will walk around the house holding a golf club. Jami said it is like his binki!! :) :)
So the other day he had sold one of his drivers and was so excited to order a new driver from the Golf Warehouse that he had been looking at and researching for awhile now. He would call me from work and ask if there was a surprise for him in the mail. Finally the box arrived and it was all banged up. We didn't think too much about it until we opened up the box to find not only one driver but three pieces of the driver. Cody and I were both so upset because they are not cheap. The packaging was not done very well and it looks like something really heavy had fallen on it and crushed it. I don't even think Cody could have broken it like that if he tried. I was not very happy how UPS handled that shipment. I have never really been a fan because I have recieved a whole bunch of stuff through UPS and the packaging is always damaged or crushed. So the moral of this story is to support FEDEX 100% and that they are much better than UPS!!
Cody is going to be able to send the driver back to the distributor and get fully reimbursed for it. That is one good thing. Cody just won't have a driver for awhile now. :(

Before Cody opened up his long awaited package!!!

Huge disappointment!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a bummer! Monte will appreciate your FedEx referral! Have a fabulous day at work! The kids and I will come and visit you sometime at work this week! Maybe you can get away for a little bit and we can go to lunch!

Cody and Jen said...

That would be fun. Now that we have three assistants it is definitely possible to get away for lunch!! I have thursday and Friday off. Lets go to the lake friday!!

Lauren said...

Dang! At least he gets a full a refund! I can't say a share his passion for golf.. I think I would be falling asleep too!

Jensen Family said...

I feel very torn...I understand your pain but Travis works for UPS, hmm...ok I will have him quit tomorrow! SOrry about the golf club:(